Details on Hiring a Flooring Installer
Many Flooring Installers have different abilities and specialize in installing certain types of flooring materials. A flooring installers experience, skills, and sense of acceptable quality can vary considerably. In order to obtain the desired results at the end of your flooring project, it is essential that you take some time and put in the extra effort to find a Flooring Installer that meets the specific requirements of your job. Before you begin the research process, make sure that you completely understand the specific installation requirements for the type of material you select as well the work you want the Flooring Installer to perform and the job quality you expect.
We have outlined some of the basic concepts in finding a quality flooring installer:
- Ask for referrals from reputable contractors, designers, friends and real estate agents
- Find referrals from reputable material suppliers or local building permit authority
- Do a web search on common rating sites such as yelp and the better business bureau for complaints
- Work portfolio, design plan examples and project management
- Payment, warranty and contract terms
- How are change orders handled?
- Customer references and contact information
- What will be done to assure quality?
- Inspect recently completed work for detail and quality
- Insurance and bond coverage requirements – this is a necessity as it gives you recourse if there are issues