What are the Advantages of Natural Floating Cork Planks?
1. Subfloor preparation is less stringent and does not need to be perfect like glue down cork
2. The floor ‘floats’ and is less visibly affected by expansion and contraction due to seasonal moisture fluctuation, a main complaint of most wood floors.
3. Plank can be installed below grade, utilizing a moisture barrier
4. Installation is relatively quick and DIY friendly
5. Thicker product provides better thermal and acoustic insulation
As is common with other floating products, Natural Cork plank requires a perimeter expansion space that must be covered by baseboard or other trim, hence the floating floor, bonus no nails or toxic adhesives. The necessity for perimeter expansion makes it difficult to use plank in a place where it will not be convenient to install trim pieces or thresholds. This is particularly true in most bathrooms where roll-edged tubs and floor-mounted toilets are common, which make it nearly impossible to moisture proof the edge of the cork. Therefore, it is recommended to use Natural Cork tile in bathroom applications.
Natural Cork plank products are milled with a specially shaped “click” together tongue & groove center core, similar to a laminate, but no toxins. This sophisticated and highly accurate milled shape ensures a very tight connection during installation and beyond. Click technology is a glueless installation resulting in less mess, less fuss and less time on the job. What’s more, floors that are clicked into place and also be unclicked for easy repair or you can take your floor with you to your next house.
Floating Cork Planks are ideal for most areas of a home just not bathrooms or high moisture areas. Many of our clients have found floating cork planks to be a unique, beautiful and high performance meeting many requirements of their flooring needs.